Last week was an experiment in time management. I made myself a schedule, to try to prevent my wasting time. Now this was an insane schedule, trying to factor in all my meals, email-checking, studying, breaks, even downtimes. I have it all color-coded and everything. Guess: does it work?
There are certain things you can't account for in a rigorous schedule...things like being so hungry you can't study, or realizing that you seriously need a nap, like NOW, or forgetting stuff at home, or your roommate being hauled off in an ambulance... stuff like that. So lesson one in scheduling 101 is: Schedules are good, but not foolproof. You can't really schedule the future...you can just make tentative plans, and then wait to see what life throws at you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
This just made me laugh. Thanks so much!!!
And of course schedules don't work. I mean, if you put in stuff that you absolutely need to do, like attend lectures and such and maybe an interview or an important meeting, that's fine. But everything else you leave to the wind and how you feel.
What happened to your roommate???
PS: I really want to see this colour-coded schedule of yours!
Post a Comment